On May 12, 2022, the CSA published for comment CSA Staff Notice and Request for Comment 25-304, Application for Recognition of New Self-Regulatory Organization and CSA Staff Notice and Request for Comment 25-305, Application for Approval of New Investor Protection Fund, which include materials related to the application for recognition and draft Recognition Order for the new SRO, and materials related to the application for approval and acceptance and draft Approval Order for the new IPF.
Comments on the new SRO and IPF applications and related documents are due on or before June 27, 2022.
CSA Staff Notice and Request for Comment 25-304, Application for Recognition of New Self-Regulatory Organization
- Appendix A – Application for recognition of the New SRO
- Schedule 1 – Draft By-Law Number 1 of the New SRO
- Schedule 2 – Draft Interim Rules of the New SRO, which includes1:
- Schedule 3 – Draft Terms of Reference for New SRO’s Investor Advisory Panel 2
- Schedule 4 – Québec Requirements (unofficial translation)
- Appendix B – Draft Recognition Order for the New SRO (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, QC, NB, NS)
- Appendix C – Draft MOU among the Recognizing Regulators regarding oversight of the New SRO
1 Please refer to FAQs on Interim Rules at IIROC website (https://www.iiroc.ca/new-sro-interim-rules-frequently-asked-questions) or MFDA website (https://mfda.ca/new-sro-rules-faq/).
2 Please refer to FAQs on New SRO IAP at IIROC website (https://www.iiroc.ca/new-sro-investor-advisory-panel-questions-answers) or MFDA website (https://mfda.ca/new-iap-faq/).
CSA Staff Notice and Request for Comment 25-305 Application for Approval of the New Investor Protection Fund
- Appendix A – Application for approval and acceptance of the New IPF
- Appendix B – Draft Approval Order for the New IPF (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, QC, NB, NS)
- Appendix C – Draft MOU among the Regulators regarding oversight of the New IPF
Please send your written representations only to the addresses below. Your written representations will be forwarded to the other CSA member jurisdictions. Your comments relating to the schedules will also be shared with IIROC, the MFDA, CIPF and the MFDA IPC.
Ontario Securities Commission
20 Queen Street West 22nd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3S8
Me Philippe Lebel
Corporate Secretary and Executive Director, Legal Affairs
Autorité des marchés financiers
Place de la Cité, tour Cominar
2640, boulevard Laurier, bureau 400
Québec (Québec) G1V 5C1
Fax : 514- 864-638
Certain CSA jurisdictions require publication of the comments received during the comment period. All written comments received will be posted on the websites of each of the ASC at www.albertasecurities.com, the AMF at www.lautorite.qc.ca and the OSC at www.osc.gov.on.ca. Please do not include personal information directly in written representations to be published and state on whose behalf you are making the submission.